Smashbox Liquid Halo Foundation*
We were given a bottle of this foundation at a Smashbox event last year but the colour has been a little bit light for me until now. It is absolutely brilliant – the oil-free formula creates a very light, natural, skin-like finish and is radiant without being too glowy. It made its way into Camilla’s Favourites back in January and I’m very happy to have joined the club. If you’re looking for something luminous, with medium coverage that is weightless on the skin, then look no further. Available at selected Woolworths stores and online for R370.
Kérastase Spray à Porter*
The lovely people at Retail Box recently treated me to a couple of hair products from their new website and one of the things was this “tousled effect spray” from Kérastase. By now you will know that I’m a sucker for anything remotely promising to give me texture and this gorgeous styling product did not disappoint. Here’s the low-down:
- The packaging is beautiful and luxurious – let’s not pretend that’s not important
- The delivery system is excellent; you get an even, fine mist as opposed to splodges of product landing on your hair in patches. No need to brush through after application.
- Once applied to wet hair (I spray it lightly all through my lengths and little at the roots) I usually give it a quick blast with a hair dryer which leaves my hair texturised but not crispy. Leaves a casual wave in my hair if left to dry naturally.
- The product is invisible once applied, there is no residue whatsoever.
- My hair is left feeling like it actually has natural texture but still with lots of movement, just a little bit of extra grip which makes heat styling a dream. The built-in heat protectant is also super handy for that.
The Body Shop Camomile Silky Cleansing Oil
I’ve been using this to remove my make-up for months now so I’m not quite sure why it hasn’t made it into a favourites post yet. I used to be a die-hard fan of MAC Cleanse Off Oil to gently but effectively do the job of dissolving my makeup for the first cleanse, but at R330 a bottle (more than twice the price of this version), it’s not a sustainable love affair. They both do the same job after all, easily breaking down tough stuff like eyeliner and mascara, and without leaving any kind of residue on the face once removed with warm water and a soft cloth. The texture is slightly thicker than MAC’s and it has a completely inoffensive, lightly floral scent, leaving your skin soft and smooth. Available at The Body Shop stores and online for R150.