My experience with Kiehl’s Midnight Recovery Concentrate was, overall, very positive. As I mentioned in my previous post on the subject, I had already been using MRC a couple of nights a week in rotation with my Alpha-H Liquid Gold and a regular night cream. The idea of the challenge was to use it every single night for 28 days and so that’s what I did, adjusting my bedtime beauty routine accordingly.
I was very careful about how much I put onto my face for the first two weeks as I was nervous about causing a breakout, and stuck to two tiny drops patted into my skin after cleansing (no serum). When it became clear that MRC wasn’t going to cause any unsightly blemishes, I increased the dosage to three, more generous drops most evenings. This increase seemed to make a noticeable difference (or maybe it was just continuous use starting to pay off). My skin is relatively good anyway so I didn’t notice a dramatic improvement for the first 14 days, but for the last two weeks of the challenge I definitely found my skin was looking better than normal.
- Dry patch on my chin cleared up (usually only works if I pack on Hydraluron on a daily basis but I only used it once or twice the whole month)
- Monthly hormonal breakout on my forehead definitely less aggressive than normal, and I also found the spots stayed beneath the skin instead of becoming whiteheads (eeew, sorry)
- Overall health of my skin improved: more hydrated and plumped up, smooth and nourished when I wake up
- Skin texture improved: smoother and more refined (fewer dry patches and little bumps)
- To apply, put a droplet on each finger, rub together with the fingers from the opposite hand, then gently press into the forehead, cheeks, chin and nose
- While Kiehl’s recommend that you massage it into your face, I don’t think there is enough slip in the product to do that plus I’d rather give myself a facial massage while using my cleansing balm
- I have combination skin so adding a moisturiser on top is not for me, but if you have dry skin it can add an extra boost of moisture and will improve your skin’s overnight comfort level
- I paired MRC with Kiehl’s Abyssine Eye Cream+ which I found stung the corners of my eyes a bit so I’d recommend my all-time favourite, the Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado or MRC’s sister product, Midnight Recovery Eye.
Let us know if you have any questions and don’t forget to search #ChangeYourSkin on Twitter to read other blogger reviews from the challenge. Thanks again to Kiehl’s for supplying us with the product to trial.
P.S. I haven’t done before and after pics because I don’t believe the difference in my skin would be visible on camera. Texture, hydration, elasticity, etc. are much too subtle for the lens to pick up without a macro setting and there’s NO WAY I’m letting anyone zoom into my face that much!