I was inspired to do this post after watching this fantastic video by Lisa Eldridge on her in-flight beauty routine for long journeys. I’ve adapted this to include products that I own and that are available in South Africa (everything except the Hydraluron). Here’s what I’ll be doing when we get on the plane tomorrow evening while my other half looks on in amusement:
1. Run a blob of Phyto 9 Daily Ultra Nourishing Botanical Cream through the mid-section of my hair down to the ends to help lock in moisture and nourish my strands while in the air.
2. Give my face a quick cleanse with Bioderma Sensibio H2O to get rid of any impurities or oily residue from the day (unlike Lisa, I won’t be wearing any make-up to the airport).
3. Follow up with a spritz of toner or a hydrating facial mist. I’ll probably decant some of my Simple Kind to Skin Soothing Facial Toner into a little bottle for the trip.
4. Smooth on some Hydraluron (which Camilla spoke about here) and let that dry before layering on a clear face mask like the Decléor Hydra Floral Moisturising Mask which I have a sample of from rubybox.
5. Dab on some of my favourite eye cream, Kiehl’s Creamy Eye Treatment with Avocado which is perfect for protecting the skin around my eyes from the dehydrating air inside the cabin.
7. Drink lots and lots of water
I will then step off the plane into Dubai International Airport (en route to London) with glowing, hydrated skin. And before hurrying to catch my connecting flight, I’ll be making a pit stop at Pinkberry to stuff some green tea frozen yoghurt in my face. Best part of the trip by far!
P.S. You can get great travel-size bottles and pots for decanting your skincare into from places like Dischem and Woolworths.